Bibtex4Word - Home
Current Version: V7348 - 2016-01-10
Bibtex4Word is an add-in for Microsoft Word that allows the citation of
references and the insertion of a bibliography into your document using your
choice of formatting style. It is lightweight, transparent and does not mess up
your documents. It is intended for three types of user:
- Word users who cannot afford a commercial bibliography package but need to
insert citations and bibliographies into their documents. Everything you need
to manage references is available free. There are hundreds of pre-defined
formatting styles and it is very likely that one of these will match your needs
- Word users who have a commercial bibliography package but who do not like
- LateX users who need to use Microsoft Word. Bibtex4Word allows you to use
your existing BibTeX database and favourite bibliography style.
To use Bibtex4Word, you must be using a PC (it does not work on a Mac)
running Word 2002 or later (32 or 64 bit) and you need to
install three pieces of free software:
- A reference manager that will allow you to enter, or download, the
citation details of a published document and which stores them in BibTeX
format. There are several suitable reference managers available; I strongly
recommend JabRef .
- The MikTeX wordprocessing package. This is a PC implementation of a
wordprocessor called LateX which includes the BibTeX program as one of
its components. We only use a tiny part of MikTeX but it is easiest to install
the whole package.
- The Bibtex4Word macro itself.
This page is part of the Bibtex4Word
documentation. Copyright © 2006-2013 Mike Brookes, Imperial
College, London, UK. See the file gfl.html for copying
instructions. Please send any comments or suggestions to "mike.brookes" at
Updated: $Id: b4w_intro.html 7349 2016-01-10 18:00:43Z dmb $